Friday, November 4, 2011

Book Friday and Spinning Pics


Here's the spindling I started working on last night. I'll probably contact the dyer and ask her for more, because it's amazing and all of a sudden I want a shawl out of it. Shawls! Shawl that I've spun! They're very exciting ideas, but they are lofty indeed.

Book Friday! (finally, right?) This is SHOWTIME, by Larry Stempel. It's a history of Broadway musical theater. The book is first of all, huge. After that, I notice pictures in color, a kick-ass works cited, and that it runs through Rent, so it's rather up-to-date. I've only started reading it (and that was a few months ago), but it was enjoyable. It started with trying to define the term "musical", which I believe will take a few more chapters, at least. A lovely volume that looks great on the shelves. If I ever finish it, I'll let you know more about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment