Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dim Sum Adventure

So a little over a week ago, my loverly knitting buddies whisked me off to the West Bank for dim sum. Yum. Yum. Yum.

Highlights were the shrimp shumai and duck. Sweet shmowzowin' goodness! That duck was tastey. I'm usually not about animal skins or the fatty bits, but this was SO BLEEPING DELICIOUS.
There it is already half-decimated. There were lots of bones and bits that had to be removed mid-bite, but that added to the experience. The dim sum experience was ended with this:

Squid brains? Liquefied cotton? It is, in fact, hot dessert tofu. When I saw the sign on the cart I was wary!! But as the cart came around, it was preceded by a divine scent of ginger with a hint of sweetness. The tofu was in a very large ricer cooker, and then was topped with a ginger syrup. The tofu melted on the tongue, the ginger provided a heat that soothed on the way down.

All in all, a wonderful experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment